Being a RYLA facilitator takes a lot of commitment and hard work. Being able to do this for three years and not lose any fire or passion for the program takes a special kind of person.
Chris Loveday has been a key team player in the RYLA team, constantly improving the program with his own unique take on life. We are very excited to have Chris back for his third year. He is able to enter any room or situation and immediately make it better. His leadership qualities are unparalleled in his compassion and commitment to the people in the program.
Get to know Chris..
- If you could take one thing with you and be stranded on an island, what would it be?
- A friend
- Would you rather read a good book or watch a good TV show?
- TV Show
- What is your go to road trip song?
- 500 miles
- What was the most awkward moment of your life?
- When my brother flood the bathroom which caused the ceiling to fall and I was blamed. 1 year later he confessed.
- What would you give up, chocolate or music?
- What is your greatest fear? And would you embrace that fear for 12 hours for $1000?
- Not sure
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What did you want to be when you were young?
- Circus performer
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- To fly
- If you could travel in time where would you go?
- Year 3000
- What motivates you to get up in the morning?
- What is the first thing you notice in someone?
- Body language
- What do you find funny that others might not?
- Dad jokes, love them
- If you could go back in time and re do one thing what would it be?
- My holidays in Hawaii earlier this year
- What is your pet peeve?
- What was the worst thing you ever did as a kid?
- Tried to hit my brother with a golf club
- What is the one thing you can’t live without?
- What is your go to movie for a rainy day?
- What would you have on your tombstone?
- I knew this would happen
Why did you become a RYLA facilitator?
- I’ve become a facilitator to give back to a program that I believed in, that gave me so much when I was a RYLArian.
What did you expect when you got into the RYLA program (as a participant)?
- Well like everyone told me it was life changing so something along those lines, other than that I was told nothing so I had high but low expectations as it was life changing but I could not be told why.
What’s your favourite RYLA moment (as participant)?
- The whole week
Other than his RYLA commitments, Chris keeps pretty busy..
Chris is a portfolio Analyst at REST Industry Super, he loves playing hockey and volunteering with the Rural Fire Services (RFS). He is looking at achieving a fulfilling career in enterprise portfolio management. Chris brings experience from a multitude of roles such as project administrator, project coordinator, project leader, project manager & Portfolio analyst.