If you want something done with style, passion and commitment then look no further than Kiera Piper. Coming back for a second year as a Facilitator Kiera is a cornerstone of the RYLA program. Always looking for ways to improve herself and the course, Kiera is a constant motivation to the team.
Being able to share her passion and kindness, Kiera is a delight to be around and always brightens the room with her presence. Her ability to make the world a better place is second to non and we are very excited to see her back for her second year.
We questioned Kiera and she shared some lovely insights…
- If you could take one thing with you and be stranded on an island, what would it be?
Uhhh….I want to say a hammock, absolutely no practical application but provided there are palm trees I would be loving a hammock!
- Would you rather read a good book or watch a good TV show?
Have to say a good TV show, I love the idea of reading a book but time is poor in my household!
- What is your go to road trip song?
Final Countdown, without a doubt!
- What was the most awkward moment of your life?
When I was 10 I was MC’ing a debate in front of the whole school and the adjudicator had forgotten her run sheet and instead of photocopying mine she took mine and I couldn’t remember the names of the debators, or which team they were on…awkward – scarred for life.
- What would you give up, chocolate or music?
- What is your greatest fear? And would you embrace that fear for 12 hours for $1000?
Being eaten alive, hell no…basically.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Pretty luck where I am, content on the Coast J
- What did you want to be when you were young?
A Wrestler…A WWE wrestler.
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- If you could travel in time where would you go?
Two options, either the Jurassic period or the 80’s (missed my calling there!)
- What motivates you to get up in the morning?
My 2.5 year old screaming at me to get out of bed….
- What is the first thing you notice in someone?
- What do you find funny that others might not?
People falling over, I know I am a terrible person!
- If you could go back in time and re do one thing what would it be?
Nothing, everything happens in life for a reason.
- What is your pet peeve?
People that do not use their manners! They cost nothing but give everything!
- What was the worst thing you ever did as a kid?
I told a lie…and the punishment was having to confront those I had fabricated the lie about and telling them that I had made it all up. Life lesson learnt.
- What is the one thing you can’t live without?
- What is your go to movie for a rainy day?
Why did you become a RYLA facilitator?
What I got out of RYLA was amazing and life changing. After participating in RYLA I wanted nothing more to do be apart of a program that gave so much to me. It is by far one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever been apart of.
What did you expect when you got into the RYLA program (as a participant)?
To be honest I had no idea, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was going to be like a school camp kind of situation, which is not the case at all! z
What’s your favourite RYLA moment (as participant)?
Seeing other people who embarked on this journey with you, develop and grow from the person they were at the beginning of the week to the person they are at the end of the week. Its an amazing thing to witness and reiterates that anything is possible.
A little more about what makes Kiera more than qualified to be on the RYLA Team…
Finishing school in 2009, Kiera went straight on to study Business with a major in marketing and decided to combine her current studies at the time with law which she will complete in December this year. During this time, Kiera has started her own small business, while working part time in an account, administration and HR role in a manufacturing company on the Central Coast. Since a young age she has been heavily involved in community projects run by the Rotary Club of Wyong-Tuggerah who also sponsored her RYLA experience in 2015. When she isn’t studying or working Kiera is also mum to Jackson, her two and a half year old son, with a little girl on the way in January 2017! Our very first RYLA baby!