Congratulations on your confirmation to the RYLA program. You can find information on this page to prepare your for RYLA in January.
The Seminar commences on Sunday, 8th January 2017 at The Uniting Venues Elanora Heights Conference Centre. You should make contact with your sponsoring Rotary Club to arrange transportation (if they have not already contacted you). You cannot drive your own car, as parking is not available. Registration is between 9 and 10 am.
THE END: RYLA will finish on Saturday 14th January, 2017. A Rotarian will attend Ceremony Awards Presentation from 2 pm to 3 pm on the Saturday and then collect you and your bags for the trip to your home.
Copies of the Newsletter
- Newsletter 1 – Meet the some of the team and presenters
- Newsletter 2 – Phone calls, What to bring, Facebook Event
- All other newsletters
- Your sponsoring Rotary club will get in contact with you to arrange your pick up and drop off to the RYLA program. This is compulsory as there is insufficient parking at the venue, and it allows your club to get to know you better. If you do not know or do not have a sponsoring Rotary club, please get in contact with us as soon as possible. If your rotary club has not contacted you to organise a pick up and drop offs one week out from the program, please contact us.
- A member of the facilitation team will get in contact with you a week before the program to make sure you have all the information and preparation you need for the program. They will check that you have transport arrangements, any special dietary or medical requirements you may have.
What to bring
You will need to bring along a few things such as:
- Clothes – Casual attire is appropriate for the seven days onsite. Bring some clothes, which may get dirty, for outdoor activities. There will be a formal dinner on Tuesday 10th January, 2017 at which you will host special guests and members of your District Rotary Committees, so neat, semi-formal attire is required for that evening.
- Sleeping Bag, linen, towels and pillow case as these will not be provided
- Semi-formal clothes for the Rotary dinner. This means pants and button up shirt.
- Long Sleeved clothing that you’re happy to get dirty and sturdy, closed toe footwear for outdoor activities.
- Clothes that are appropriate for outside/active activities. Two or three options required!
- Novelty clothes or props that may come in handy
- Toiletries! (you would be amazed at how many people forget these).
- Money – for shopping that you may need (we will be doing the occasional shopping run for those things that they need or may have forgotten) and for the Sergeant-at-Arms fine sessions (small change preferably, not notes).
- Any musical instruments that they may wish to bring, there will be opportunities to jam with others.
- Hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Photo ID if planning to donate blood and for Rotary Dinner
- An open mind and accepting attitude, ready to give 100% effort!
What not to bring
You won’t need such things as:
- TVs – they will be too busy to worry about the outside world.
- Food – there will be plenty.
- Cars – there is very little parking and this is why you will be transported to and from RYLA by their sponsor Rotary club. Seriously, driving is not an option unless there are exceptional circumstances
- Drugs and Alcohol – these are not permitted onsite by the facility so please don’t bring them. You will be asked to leave the RYLA program.
- Mobile Phones – As a courtesy to facilitators and participants, please ensure these are switched off during all seminar presentations. Reception is also limited on-site
Tips and advice
- Bring lots of spare change!
- Get in touch with us if you have a question that hasn’t been answered above.